We manufacture a complete range of adjustable height desks available with a choice of worktop and size. Powered by two Linak three stage electric actuators our desks will provide years of service. Height adjustable between 625mm and 1275mm. Frame colour is grey RAL 9006. Available in a choice of worktop sizes 1200mm, 1500mm and 1800mm wide x 800mm deep x 20mm in a choice of colour white, grey, black, beech or maple. Maximum load capacity is 160kgs.
Delivery can be up to 4 weeks depending on the size and type of work surface selected. Our desks can be delivered preassembled or flat pack depending on your requirements. Supplied complete with control box and UP / DOWN switch. Pre-programmed desk height and other software is available with this product on request. Watch our video
Here are 5 benefits of being able to vary your working day balance between sitting to standing
- Lower the risk of heart disease – Everyone agrees that standing on your feet and moving is healthier than sitting down in the same position all day. By incorporating more movement in to your working day you will increase your heart rate. This will increase calories burned and help maintain your body weight.
- Reduce Obesity – By burning more calories our metabolism will increase making our body healthier. In combination with a healthy diet movement also helps our digestive systems to work better. When it comes to obesity even the smallest amount of extra calories that we can burn off without even having to try too hard helps.
- Improves or reduces back pain – Nearly everyone would agree that working in the same position for long periods of time can be painful. How many times have we felt a sore back, legs or shoulder pain or even a headache because we haven’t moved. Height Adjustable Workstations can help reduce the aches and pains by allowing us to vary our posture positions.
- Lower blood sugar levels – After we eat our blood sugars rise. The higher this level gets the worse it is for our health. High blood sugar levels can lead to diabetes. Excessive bouts of sedentary time has been linked to the risk of type 2 daibetes. Studies have shown that standing helps to reduce blood sugar levels after meals.
- Increase productivity, energy and mood – Standing forces us to vary our posture to maintain body comfort. This in turn helps us to stay focussed on what we are doing and can even improve our mood. Just by moving around we can decrease where the stresses are in our bodies. When we are less stressed we are more energetic and engaging with the other tasks going on around us.
For more information on Right-Height Workstations visit our website
Information Sources –
BBC News – Calorie Burner how much better is standing than sitting – Read the article here
BBC News – Standing Desk workers less tired and more engaged – Read the article here
BBC News – The risks of sitting all day – Watch the video here
Huffpost News – What sitting all day does to your body – Read the article here